Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2 WEEKS DOWN!

Whew, I have made it 2 weeks!  Can you believe it?  I sure cant!  I just had to look at my planner to see it I was right about the 2 weeks.  Still feeling a little foggy but I guess thats what you get when you aren't working and in a totally new place!

One of the things I LOVE is the church that Jenna and Jodi go to.  I love the people, the ministries and the preaching!  It is so nice to not need to church hop.  I like it, I am staying!!  I went to the Village Church on Saturday night to see "flat Matt," Matt Chandler.  What an incredible man of God who can truly speak of the goodness of the Lord through his life threatening cancer.  Sunday morning I got the hear the preaching at Watermark for the first time and was so blessed and encouraged by both times with the body.  So big praise!

I am still on this crazy job hunt.  I am tired of it.  I am not known for my patience and so this is a great character building opportunity :)  I am waiting to hear something on the 2 interviews that I have had and today I have a totally random job interview with the Toyota dealership to be a sales person there.  Not quite what I would see myself doing but honestly, there are benefits, a base salary and a signing bonus…its sounding pretty good right now!!  I have put a good amount of effort into trying to get a job at Women of Faith and I would say that Lord has definitely made it clear that He is closing that door.  Now that I have tried multiple avenues and I feel like someone actually reviewed it rather than just their computer system, I can surrender that desire to the Lord and move on!  So I have no idea what the Lord is going to provide, but I am still feeling confident that He will…..even though this wait is definitely not my favorite!

I have loved connecting with some old friends now that I am here.  So great to really have some fun time with Jodi and see her in this new season of life as she is a wife and serving in full time ministry!  Also so great to see my friend Hillary, we had such a fun friendship back in high school and have seen each other on and off since then.  It was so much fun to be able to hang out at her house and really catch up.  I love having these friendships to grow again!  And obviously Jenna, poor Jenna gets more than enough of me!  But she has continued to be a great support, cheerleader, and friend!

So right now I am just really learning to surrender to the Lord, all that I want and all that I feel that I need and trust Him even when it is terrifying to see all these people around me who have been unemployed for months!  I am continually reminded that He is God, He is the I AM, and He is my provider.  He has it all figured out and my anxiety is only getting in my way, not His!

No comments:

Post a Comment