Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a job!

So I got a job…well, a contract job.  I am trying to be excited about it but I was really hoping to find something that would be permanent and offer good benefits and maybe a little more money.  BUT I will be working by the time that I move in with Jenna which is a huge blessing.  Just to know that money will be coming in will be a huge relief!  I am trying to work on my attitude about it because its with Hilton Worldwide which will be kind of fun and they do seem to keep their contractors on staff.  The contract is actually through December so that gives me some time to really figure out what my next move is going to be and supposedly they do tend to keep on their contractors.  There are also a lot of younger people there, so hopefully will open the door to new friends and such!  So really, I should be excited, but I just didn't expect to actually end up in a temporary job.

But the most exciting part of it is that it doesn't start until the 25th, so….I get to come home for a little bit!!! I miss my family, realized I left stuff at home that I wish I hadn't, and I will get to see friends!!  Everyones initial response is "are you going to go back to Dallas if you go home?"  OBVIOUSLY YES, as hard as it has been, I am so excited that in just a few weeks I will be working and in an apartment!  I have almost made it through the initial part of this process!  I am starting to feel a little bit more comfortable here and am ready to start making friends!

Next adventure is going to be buying a bed (which I found out today….I am really bad at, I have no idea how to get a cheap one….very frustrating!) and I need to get my car inspected, license plates, toll pass, and insurance.  These things STRESS ME OUT!  But its fine, I can do this, its like watching your money just fly out the window!!

So the journey continues….God has been faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment