Friday, March 25, 2011

Everyone needs a Jenna in their life….

Well the past few days have been quite the experience.  I am not totally sure how to feel about everything but there is a definite peace in the midst of this chaos!  I still can't believe I moved to Dallas…..recently it has felt a little bit more like I moved to Mexico, but either way, its all still so surreal.

The first surprising moment was that my living situation is a little different than I had anticipated.  I am living with my friend Anna, who I worked with back at Rick Mosley Hair.  She is this little 70 year old Brazilian spitfire who feeds me NONSTOP!!  But little did I know, her 40 year old son lives there too.  I had asked a few of the people who have kept in better touch with her if her son lived there and they all said no.  They were definitely wrong.  So that is super awkward for me!  But I am making it work.  The hardest part of living with them is that I feel obligated to hang out with them a lot as they are doing my an enormous favor by letting me live there but there is no internet and no quiet, so its very difficult to search for jobs and get my resume out.

The first day I was here Anna took me all over her little area that she is comfortable with and we went to a few stores and she showed me some main places to go grocery shopping….if I want to cook authentic mexican food because for real, have never seen half of the items in those grocery stores.  Well I should have started out by saying that she made me the worlds largest breakfast.  All I that I said I wanted was a piece of toast, I got 2 pieces of toast, scrambled eggs, ham, banana, grapes, strawberries, a roll, coffee, orange juice and tea. I thought I was going to throw up for the rest of the day!   It was pretty intense.  Then we sat around and watched spanish novelas.  I am getting pretty good at guessing what is going on and the news is even more interesting in Spanish, its a total guessing game.  I will be so excited to finally get to watch TV in english again!

By time Jenna got off work that night, I was more than ready to see a different part of Dallas.  We went on a walk on Kitty Trail which is crazy popular and a great area.  It was so fun to really catch up on life and just hang out.  SUCH a blessing to have a friend like Jenna in my life.  We have known each other our whole lives pretty much and so there is just an ease to being together, and she is truly an incredible support.  She is so generous with her time and allowing me to tag along ALL THE TIME!  I feel terrible that I am so clingy, but I am beyond grateful for all that she has done for me.  She is a true friend, an incredible encouragement, and the kind of person that everyone needs in their life.

So by my second day, I was even more determined to find a job and find it fast.  I met with a recruiter which didn't turn out quite as encouraging as I had hoped.  I feel that being a hairstylist set me back to a lower salary level as I am not coming straight out of an administrative position.  I am starting to be very concerned.  I came out here sure that the Lord was bringing me here and He was going to bless me.  But what I am realizing is that what the Lord will provide might not be exactly what I hoped for.  He knows the whole plan and has everything taken care of but its hard at these moments to sit back and trust because people are not just falling all over themselves to hire me!!  I do realize it has only been a few days, but I am becoming more and more concerned.

So fun to going to the Mavericks game, Regi and Jodi so generously shared 2 of their extra tickets with Jenna and I.  So cool to get to enjoy the really fun parts of a big new city!  The other blessing has been finding out that Watermark Church has free wireless as Anna does not have the internet at her place and I need to be online looking for jobs!  What an incredible place to be able to just hang out!  They have a huge coffee shop that has so many comfy chairs and couches!

So the basic overview of the past few days….this is when it all comes down to how much do I trust?  Right now, how much do I take the Lord at His Word and His Word alone?  I have some pretty big requests right now, do I believe He will be faithful?  Do I believe that I can handle 5 more weeks living with a women who is so sweet and wonderful but doesn't totally understand personal space?  Can I throw it all on the Lord or am I going to continue to hold on and try to work in my own power?  And can I look at all that the Lord has provided so far and praise Him for that as I wait for other areas to come together?  He has provided abundantly through even through Jenna!  And I have a nice place to sleep and as much food as any person could ever need.  I am very blessed, its just so easy to loose sight of that.

1 comment:

  1. Well my dear friend, I have found a new blog to read. I love reading blogs. I also just realized TONIGHT that you moved. Apparently I need to be on FB more! :)

    I am proud of you. I have tears for you. I am excited for you. I am sad for my hair! LOL. Who in the world is going to tell me I need to start dying my hair!?! :)

    I hope you keep blogging. I'm praying for you!

    If you like to read blogs, I have one that is private. Message me through FB and I'll send you an invite. No pressure. Asking someone if they want to read your blog seems as silly as asking someone to be your friend on FB.

    :)

    ReplyDelete